Skip to main content

Erratum.

In the previous post, a recipe which I described as 'easy', I left out the water, so if anyone has tried it, and I don't flatter myself that that is the case, then they may have, to put it bluntly, burnt their pot.

I discovered long ago that leaving the water out is not a good idea. One of the first things I cooked was a boiled egg. I put it in the pot and on the stove, forgetting to cover it with water. If you've ever wondered what happens in this situation, here's what happens: the egg explodes. It doesn't actually quite cook before it explodes, so you end up with uncooked, but very hot, egg and thousands of eggshell shards all over your kitchen ceiling, walls, windows, curtains, mantlepiece, clock, canisters, dresser, cat, table, chairs and floor coverings. Not to mention any people that may happen to be foolish enough to be in the kitchen while you are conducting egg explosions.

Sorry about the error. I have fixed it using italics.

Comments

  1. The same thing happened to me the first time I did chestnuts. Put them in a cast iron pot with a heavy lid, onto the fire. Didn't realize they should be pierced first. Blew the lid clean off the pot. I'm doing a list at my site, check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment