Skip to main content

Chicken.

Sometimes you just feel like roast chicken.

I used to do a roast chicken with basil and currant stuffing - delicious - but one night last week I just couldn't be bothered so I went out and picked one up from Red Rooster, having prepared sides (halved and then finely sliced potatoes done in the oven with chicken stock and milk - what is that called - hasselback? anna? dauphinoise? - not sure); corn (from a can, but still delicious) and a pot of Gravox (traditional, none of your modern 'flavoured' versions, thanks).

Mmmm, roast chicken, roast potatoes, corn and gravy.

And cold chicken leftovers for sandwiches next day.

Doesn't get much better.

Comments

  1. I consider quail to be the new working gals roast! Stuffed of straight, marinated or just bunged in the oven with some veges cut up into smallish chunks and a few cloves of garlic, rosemary and sea salt. Cooks while you have an afterwork bath. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Gravox. I've suffered much derision from Aussie commenters on my blog because I admitted I quite liked it (esp on mashed potatoes!), and my own boyfriend is horrified, but it's thick, it's salty, it's brown - it's fabulous.
    Although, I tried to be a bit too clever with the last lot I bought - the 'fuller flavour' version. Don't try it- tastes nothing like the real stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment