Skip to main content

Kitchen garden on steroids.

Rule #1 of gardening: the kitchen garden is never big enough.

It stands to reason. If there was extra space you would plant something in it, wouldn't you? And then, being a kitchen garden, it would explode in late spring when everything grows like crazy.

Mine has exploded. The bean plants are fully six feet high. The cabbages are huge. I think they're late, so they'll be picked soon to make way for tomatoes. Can you put tomatoes where cabbages have been?
I dunno.

The mint, the oregano, the dill, all going wild.

The spinach I am eating until I turn green. Braise it in olive oil and garlic. Put in some cream and fresh ground pepper. Eat it with veal in vino bianco and die happy. Accompany it with a nice white wine - chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, I dunno, whatever - and die even happier.

Uh, oh. The fruit trees are loading up. Watch out.

Comments