Skip to main content

Caesar salad.

I dunno why it's called Caesar salad (I've heard the reason but I forget), I dunno what the right recipe is, whether it has bacon, whether it should have croutons, whether the eggs should be hard, soft, crumbled, whatever.

I just make it every now and again, and I make it different every time.

Last night we were given cos from the school garden, so:

Rinse the cos, chop it in broad sections and arrange (or throw) in a large salad bowl.

Fry some bacon, chopped into small pieces, until crisp. Or until not crisp, doesn't matter, however you like.

Boil a couple of eggs. I boiled mine hard.

Toss the cooked bacon over the cos. Slice the eggs into sections and place over the cos - that's what I did. Or crumble them and do the same.

Make your favourite dressing. I already had some vinaigrette left in the fridge so I put half a teaspoon of mayo in it, added a little lemon juice and some salt and pepper, shook it up and poured it over.

Then I sprinkled a small handful of pinenuts over it. Wrong, but nice.

And then some parmesan cheese. It was already grated. Or you can shave really thin slices, that's nice too.

That was it - see, no croutons. Because I didn't have any.

I had it with a green bean and tomato stew (frozen leftover - recipe another time) over cous-cous.

Comments