Skip to main content

And another thing.

OK, the weather settled down but I'm still angry about this case.

The weather reports and wind warnings were unequivocal.

'Do not go near trees.'

They went near trees. They camped under trees. The girl died.

The college spin started. 'We followed guidelines.' No, you let the girl camp under trees on a night in which severe warnings had been issued.

'We were in a designated camping ground, not "wild bush".' Gumtrees in camping grounds know not to drop their branches?

I'm not the litigious type but I hope the family sues their sorry asses.

Because if you can sue a company for the cigarettes you smoked, for the building materials you built a shed with; if you can sue a municipality because the geese at a public park pecked you and you tripped and hurt yourself (all true cases) then by heavens! someone who allows a child in their care to camp under a gumtree in the wildest weather in the face of clear warnings of winds should be ... no, I've changed my mind. Forget litigation. I believe there is a case for criminal negligence.

More food later. I'm not in the mood right now.

Comments

Post a Comment