Skip to main content

Asparagus.

IT'S HERE!

And who needs a recipe. Just scald it for a few minutes in boiling water and eat warm, dipping the ends in mayonnaise or hollandaise. Don't worry about cutlery in the privacy of your own home. When you eat like this, asparagus IS the cutlery.

Or sprinkle it with vinaigrette or just lemon juice and cracked pepper.

Or wrap it in prosciutto ... roll it in pesto ... shake the tender ends into a salad with quartered boiled eggs, mustard, capers and maybe some anchovies.

It doesn't matter what you do, just pour a nice crisp white wine, sit outside and watch the sun going down later ... and later ... and later ... and bite into that delicious herby yet meaty, delicate yet robust asparagus flavour - a flavour that is hard to describe - and rejoice in the arrival of spring.

Did I mention I like asparagus?

Comments

  1. I love asparagus. I cannot resist their delicious spears!

    Here's an unusual way with asparagus: stir fry them with lots of belachan and garlic.

    I love them every way though and especially naked(the asparagus, not me!hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite way to eat asparagus is to cook them on the bbq or roast in the oven, and then toss with salt and lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melted salted butter and Maldon sea flakes. So simple and so amazingly good that the dish didn't make it to the table. I finished it all standing at the stove....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite way to cook asparagus is to dribble it with balsamic vinegar and stick in a hot oven for a quick roasting. Delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love asparagus, but The Husband doth protest. My favorite way is roasted with a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and cracked sea salt. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my favorite vegetable.


    Oven roasted, splash of olive oil, lemon, cracked pepper, and gray salt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment