Skip to main content

Fettucine with chicken, cream, mushrooms and spring vegetables.

It doesn't have a name except what it is. And that's what it is. And it's delicious.

Simple and easy, too. I sliced some chicken thigh (you can use breast) and poached it, along with a scored clove of garlic, in a little olive oil and a dash of white wine, using a pan with a close-fitting lid. I sprinkled some finely sliced button mushrooms over the chicken. They softened and gave off their juice, keeping the chicken moist.

Meanwhile, I cooked some fettuccine. Towards the end of the cooking time, I added first some green beans chopped into two inch lengths; then some broccoli florets; and last, some snow peas before immediately draining the pot.

I had also added a couple of tablespoonsful of cream to the chicken and mushrooms, and reduced it slightly. Then I simply tossed the lot over the pasta and vegetables. A little parmigiano and some chopped parsley to finish it off.

Glass of red.

Comments

  1. The best dishes don't have names.


    Although it's my humble opinion that all the dishes - names or not - are the very best at your place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment