Skip to main content

Meet the Welsh What I Cooked Last Night.

Rippers is a sports journalist in Wales who drives a temperamental black Fiat Tipo named Boo and likes getting drunk and cooking, not necessarily all at the same time.

His blog is an hilarious blend of sports writer banter, some pretty damn good recipes and the odd personal disaster:

"Ever had one of those moments when you have woken up and are
a. far from your bedroom and
b. totally bemused at your surroundings?"


Rippers doesn't appear to have a huge number of readers yet, so go and say hello to him here.

Comments

  1. Thats one and a half Welsh bloggers I've read in one and a half days. What's going on? Just going to see if I can download Max Boyce from iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem. The type is too small to read easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt right at home straight away, could have been the name or the excess alcohol consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite food writer is married to a Welshman, Ed. She talks about him disparagingly all the time. Not to mention the in-laws.

    Yes, Janis; and no spaces between paragraphs makes it even harder.

    Neil, as I commented to Ripper, when I first stumbled on his blog I thought I had changed my template in a drunken stupor or in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, like, you positively dislike the new template?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not at all, Janis: the drunken stupor was subjunctively representing the failure to remember the change, not that the design came out of a drunken stupor.

    I quite like the design; but in Ripper's case, he needs to increase font size - as you have done - and leave paragraph breaks.

    And here I am telling journalists how to write. The cheek!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment