Skip to main content

1001 Nights.

This is the one thousand and first item posted to this weblog. I would never have known, except that blogger tells you how many posts you've made at the top of the edit page. A thousand dinners were always bound to become a little repetitive; hence regular digressions into observation and outright opinionism.

Of course, this blogging thing is just a lazy way to keep a diary. My paper diaries date to 1970. I kept them. They're in a box somewhere, a mixed assortment of Landseer, Folio, Collins, Vane and other types including the old National Bank of Australia notebooks issued to schools in the 1970s. I always wanted to commit events and thoughts to paper. I don't know why. The fear that I might forget? Can't be that. I have a memory like an elephant's. Ironically, I detested writing and hated writing essays at school.

Now I enjoy it. But it helps that somewhere, someone might be reading this. So thank you to everyone who visits this weblog. And now for the second millennium of web posts...

Comments

  1. well, congratulations! i too love the idea of recording things. what a lovely record of life for your kids. my grandfather kept 70+ years of farming diaries. after he died i looked up the date in 1968 when i was born (egocentric, i know...) he wrote "kay's daughter born". jeez, don't over sentimentalise it too much pappy! keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 1001 is a nice number. And I have thoroughly enjoyed reading along. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and thank you! I feel the same way about the journaling: heaps of notebooks all shapes and sizes dating back since I was under ten and all stashed in boxes and stacks over a few houses. I love reading so please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm a journaler as well...on rainy Saturdays it's interesting to go back and read a sample or two of the past, if only to see how you've changed (or not, as the case may be!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Kitchen Hand! I don't understand the compulsion to catalogue, but I sure feel it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOO HOO!! Congratulations on your 1001 post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment