Skip to main content

Come Monday, it’ll be alright …

 … and now you’re off on vacation … something I’ve tried to explain …

Well maybe she wasn’t coming back.

One of two songs I remembered and confused in the cold dark days of 1974, that lonely year of sickness and hospital tests and siblings moving away and year twelve hell, with the radio charts moving away from prog and power pop into disco; and which now, fifty years later, appears like some kind of retro musical paradise, it hits me again; and this time I remind myself that 1974 wasn’t so bad because Come Monday, by Jimmy Buffett, was optimistic even though the Loggins song was not. Didn’t mean a lot but at that time a centimetre of comfort would have helped.

Please Come To Boston, by Dave Loggins

Come Monday, by Jimmy Buffett.

RIP Jimmy Buffett.

Comments